With First National Bank and Trust’s Bill Pay, you can pay anyone, from your next door neighbor to the utility company. And there’s no limit to the number of payees you can set up in Bill Pay. Take a look at some frequently asked questions to learn more:
How do I sign up?
Use the Contact Us form on the website and request to be signed up for Bill Pay. You may also sign up by visiting or calling any First National Bank and Trust location.
What does it cost?
First Net Bill Pay has a low monthly flat fee of $5.95.
How long will it take for payment to transfer?
Schedule your check payment at least 10 days in advance of when you want the payment to post. For electronic payments, allow five business days.
How are payments processed?
- Payments submitted, recurring or one time, before 2:00 a.m. Central Standard Time Monday-Friday will be processed at 2:00 a.m. CST.
- Payments submitted between 2:00 a.m. CST and noon CST will be processed at noon CST.
- Payments received after noon CST on Monday-Thursday will be processed the next business day.
- Payments received after noon CST on Friday will be processed the next business day except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays.
- All payments scheduled to go on a weekend will be processed on the processing day before the weekend.
- All payments scheduled to go on a holiday will be processed the day before that date.
- Payments entered on the weekend, recurring or one time, will be processed on the next business day except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays.
How is it determined whether a payee is electronic or check?
When you add a new payee, the system will determine whether the payee accepts electronic payments. If not, they are considered a check payee.
For recurring payments, what frequencies are available?
- One time
What is the deadline for editing or deleting a payment?
You may add, edit, or delete a payment up to 2:00 a.m. CST on the day the payment is scheduled to be sent. If a same day payment is submitted between 2:00 a.m. CST and noon CST, it may be edited up until noon CST.
Is it possible to stop a payment?
Yes. Once the check is printed and mailed, your payment history will include the check number for that payment. A stop payment would be handled the same way as a regular check, and a charge may apply for a stopped payment.
How long is Bill Pay history available?
Payment history is available for 18 months.