Lock iconOnline Banking Login

File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where it was stolen. This proves to credit providers you were diligent and is a first step toward an investigation, in the event an investigation is warranted.

Here is a list of resources for reporting identity theft:

Filing with the FTC: File your complaint with the Federal Trade Commission by visiting www.consumer.gov/idtheft or by calling 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338). The FTC maintains a secure database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.

Contacting Credit Reporting Organizations: Call the three national credit reporting organizations immediately to place a fraud alert/victim’s statement on your name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit. An Initial Alert last for 90 days; an Extended Alert is for seven years (prescreened solicitation for five years) when an identity theft report is submitted; Active Duty Alert is for 12 months, and can be extended, (prescreened for two years) if notified of active military duty.

The phone numbers to call are:
  1. Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
  2. Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
  3. Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289
  4. Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1-800-269-0271

Credit bureaus must provide a free credit report if the customer believes the report is

inaccurate due to fraud. A free annual report is available from each of the agencies by:

  • Ordering from www.annualcreditreport.com
  • Calling 1-877-322-8228
  • Mailing Annual Credit Report Request Form to:
    Annual Credit Report Request Service P.O. Box 105281 Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
  • Annual Credit Report Request Form
  • Contacting the Department of Labor
    Kansas City: 913-596-3500 Topeka: 785-575-1460
    Wichita: 316-383-9947   Toll-Free: 800-292-6333

Access a PDF of this information HERE.